Current Version Plugin Microsoft Office 2010
Microsoft Office 2010 comes with add-on for Firefox which enables us to open files directly from Office Web Apps into the appropriate Office desktop application.
WcPlugin.exe comes bundled with Office 2010, if we are using Office 2003 or 2007, we can download plugin from Microsoft. Office 2003 and Office 2007 users can download plugin here.
Microsoft Office 2011 users do not need to download any separate plugin, it comes bundled with Office 2011 suite and Firefox add-on will be auto installed with Office suite.
Supported web apps for Office Web Apps Browser Plugin are Word Web App, Excel Web App and PowerPoint Web App.
Microsoft Office 2010 is a productivity suite.
Features of Office 2010 include:
- Ribbon interface and Backstage View across all applications
- Background Removal
- Letter Styling
- The Word 2007 Equation editor is common to all applications, replacing Microsoft Equation Editor 3.0
- New SmartArt templates
- New text and image editing effects
- Screen Capturing and Clipping tools
- Live collaboration functions
- Jumplists in Windows 7
- New animations and transitions in PowerPoint 2010
- View Side by Side/Synchronous Scrolling in Word 2010
To update Office 2010 add-on for Firefox, Update Office 2010 suite. Firefox add-on update utility may show that you don’t have current version add-on on unknown plugin as they do not have information about this plugin yet.
Users can update Office 2010 with ‘Windows Update’ which can be found in control panel or in start menu. To find it in start menu, click the Start button, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.